nsca PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT problem

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Nov 19 19:52:21 CET 2007

Bratislav:

Did you ever resolve these bizaare PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT /
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT errors?

I'm having trouble debugging them as well

~BAS

> If I simulate host down I got HOST_CHECK from nagios.log on remote host:

> EXTERNAL COMMAND: PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT;server1;1;PING CRITICAL -
> Packet loss = 100%

> but regularly, it is triggered like it is service check, and
> PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT is not performed at all.

> [1175605177] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
>  PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;server1;0;0; RTA = 0.18 ms [1175605177]
> Warning:  Passive check result was received for service '0' on host
> 'server1', but the service could not be found!

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

     "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
     You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
     ~Maynard James Keenan