Using Nagios to Monitor RDP **** SOLVED ****

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:02:44 CET 2007

On the topic of this RDP test, I'd love to know if anyone has a better
test to actually use the protocol, since anything could theoretically
take port 3389 and this test wouldn't catch it.

I currently also check_tcp as my RDP test but it feels cheap... with VNC
I actually wrote a plugin to log in to VNC, pull one image to know it's
all working and then give the OK once it has done that, which seemed
much better. It would be great if I could have such a thing for RDP too...

-h

Hari Sekhon