host-check issue

Franjo Stipanovic franjo85 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:26:42 CET 2007

Hello,
I have encountered odd issue with host-check command. As service check
failed, host check was executed and I received: "Error: could not execute
command".
The problem is that I have received numerous emails with same error which
means this happened couple of times in short time frame.
My check-host-alive definition is default, haven't changed it except that I
use check_icmp instead of original check_ping.
Yes, I have set up necessary permissions and ownership on it.

I use exactly the same configuration for quite some time and this just
started to happen. This doesn't occur on every host-check.

OS: Debian Etch
Nagios version: 2.6

Everything installed from stable debian packages.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Fritz