putting limits on check_by_ssh

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Sat Nov 17 05:03:06 CET 2007

In my case, check_by_ssh was just not suitable due to overhead, execution
time, etc...  NRPE is much more lightweight, easily deployable, and it
works.

I can't say I'd agree with your pros and cons much -- after all, SSH is
much easier to configure than NRPE is. But when you're looking at
thousands of checks across thousands of hosts, processor overhead really
does become a factor, especially on the Nagios box(es).