putting limits on check_by_ssh

Dave tdbtdb+nagios at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 02:41:55 CET 2007

My problems with NRPE are:

1) I know nothing about it.
2) I think it requires me to open up another port on my machine.

My problems with SSH are:
1) configuration is a bit tedious

My positives for SSH are:
1) It is very well known and respected
2) Lots of people use it for lots of things, not just nagios

My positives for NRPE are;
1) ????

I was hoping you guys would tell me what helped you decide to go with
NRPE. I just don't know much about it. Since I feel fairly confident
that I could seal up an SSH configuration, but NRPE is an unknown
factor for me, it is very tempting to stick with SSH.
Thanks,
Dave