Need help setting up NODUtils with Postgres

Yana Millis yana.millis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:43:35 CET 2007

Hello!
I've grabbed the postgres version of NDOUtils from nagios exchange
(http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Utilities.16.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=1131)
I've no idea whether this stuff is stable but I thought I'd giv it a
go, and when
trying to run ./configure, I keep getting the following error:
. . .
MySQL library and include file(s) were found!
checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... yes
checking libpq-fe.h usability... no
checking libpq-fe.h presence... no
checking for libpq-fe.h... no

*** PostgreSQL include file could not be located... ****************

You chose to compile NDBXT with PostgreSQL support, but I was unable
to locate <libpq-fe.h> on your system.  If the include file is
installed, use the --with-pgsql-inc argument to specify the location
of the PostgreSQL include file.

I've also tried to configure it, as suggested, with
 ./configure --with-pgsql-inc=/usr/include
and ensured that libpq-fe.h is indeed in /usr/include,
and its permissions are rwxrwxrwx,
but I still keep getting the PostgreSQL include file could not be
located error (???!!!!)...which is really weird...
Does anyone have any suggestions for me ?

Thank you,

--yana