submit_check_result always critical

Robert Gil rgil at liquidnet.com
Tue Nov 13 22:34:04 CET 2007

I am setting up a distributed nagios environment for the first time and
have come into a couple road blocks.

For some reason the passive checks always come back as critical. From
the command line they show correctly. Also the $OUTPUT$ variable does
not appear to return any information in the submit_check_result script.
I got the script out of the documentation. Perhaps the variable is
incorrect?

Here is an example of the email output.

***** Nagios 2.10 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: Load

Host: Unix Server #rem5

Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

State: CRITICAL

Date/Time: Tue Nov 13 16:32:01 EST 2007

Additional Info:

OUTPUT

As you can see above this is version 2.10 using nsca version 2.7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob