Monitoring a process

Jerad Riggin jriggin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:54:42 CET 2007

Thanks for the response.  This is what I did just a bit ago.  I have
it successfully monitoring outlook.exe, however no e-mails are being
sent when it's critical.

Here is what I have as the service definition:

define service{
       use                     leadlander
       host_name               leadlandervm
       service_description     Outlook Process
       contact_groups          bo,mis
       notification_options    w,u,c,r
       check_command           check_nt2!PROCSTATE!-d SHOWALL -l outlook.exe
       }

Here is what I have for the leadlander template

define service{

       name                            leadlander
       is_volatile                     0
       check_period                    24x7
       max_check_attempts              15
       normal_check_interval           20
       retry_check_interval            20
       notification_interval           20
       notification_period             24x7
       register                        0
       }

Does it only notify after the first retry failure, or should it notify
as soon as the service is critical?  Any ideas?