nsclient, is it still an acceptable method to monitor nt

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 03:31:37 CET 2007

Thanks Andreas, Good Description of the differences,

However, you forgot to mension NC_Net also supports NSCA for Passive checks.

So in my eyes, each flavor of the current Windows Plugins offers a different
set of enhancements,

NSCLIENT++ has NRPE and some other enhancements
NC_NET has NSCA, event logs, RunScripts,WMI,... (And supports Whitespace in
Service names)
OpMon - may be introducing NRPE soon? and hopefully other enhancements

All three are compatible to the Check_NT from the official Plugins and
should return similar results.

Tony (Author of NC_Net)