Still can't, and needing guidance SNMP issue

Christy.New at cancer.org Christy.New at cancer.org
Fri Nov 9 17:31:22 CET 2007

Thanks, I have already read this, I even printed out the300 page manual.  I
am slowly working threw it.  There are parameter's, which have to be
changed to mirror your devices, however the manual, isn't that clear on
some things.  I sent another email, which I answered some questions, and
clarrified more.  This should help you get me moving in the right
direction.

As far as SNMP I know my devices are running it, because we use it for
Openview and Solarwinds, and PRTG.  I downloaded this but have trouble
pointing the files to the right folders, which they need to be in when they
are extracted.

Nagios-snmp-plugins.1.1.1.tgz is the plug in I download.

Very Respectfully,
Christy M. New
1(404)327-6490
American Cancer Society
Corporate IT-NHO NOC
Network Infrastructure Engineer

             "Giles Coochey"
             <gcoochey at sapphir
             e.gi>                                                      To
                                       <Christy.New at cancer.org>,
             11/09/2007 10:29          <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             AM                        >
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [Nagios-users] Still can't, and
                                       needing guidance SNMP issue

Try reading some documentation:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installing.html

Googling for Nagios & libexec will also tell you where libexec would
normally be. But it completely depends on how and where Nagios was
originally installed. We are not psychic.

You might want to ask someone who knows more about Linux to give you
some pointers, Nagios is complicated enough to work out for people who
are seasoned Linux users, let alone those who are new to it.