Riddle with nrpe

Jevos, Peter Peter.Jevos at Oriflame-SW.Com
Wed Nov 7 12:39:29 CET 2007

Hi
I have a damned problem with nrpe under windows
Everythink works without any problem but one command can't work.
Probably it's issue with syntax but after couple of days I gave it up.
In my nrpe.cfg is command:
command[check_cmd]=c:\test.cmd

In the test.cmd is:

@echo off
C:\pscp.exe -batch -q -pw password c:\test.txt
nagios at 10.8.10.9:/tmp/test/
echo Looks good
exit 1

When I run it from linux, command is timed out
Command pscp will not end and became hang on in the windows processes.
I tried to use whatever instead pscp and everythink is working. I also
tried to use "" to identifeing paths and it doesn't work as well
"C:\pscp.exe" -batch -q -pw password "c:\test.txt"
nagios at 10.8.10.9:/tmp/test/

When I run  this command from command prompt it works and copy file into
linux machine
I also tried to use a differenet options in th pscp.
I run pscp with full control permission and NRPE_nt service is running
under local administrastor.
I though that there is problem with pscp authentication. Cause on my
linux machine there is no attempt to authenticate from that windows.
When I use this command from command prompt there is a record in the
auth.log about sshd Accepted keyboard from windows machine

I would say there must be something with command syntax and nrpe_nt
can't handle it

Thanks

BR

Pet