Nagios Huge Installation (15000 hosts) - Problem

Alexander Bespalov bespalov at sovintel.ru
Tue Nov 6 17:41:32 CET 2007

Hi Cédric,

I have several updates regarding my problem.

My latest Nagios configuration:
 Central server - dedicated server (HP DL360, 2Gb RAM, 2xCPU), works perfect, load average: 0.25, 0.06, 0.02, Nagios configured with almost default parameters.
 Distributed processes (20 processes on a single server) - server shared with another applications (HP DL580, 8Gb RAM, 4xCPU), some Nagios processes becomes out of time after several hours, load average: 6.48, 7.45, 6.56.

I think the main problem is the distributed server usage.
I plan to migrate distributed processes to a dedicated server (HP DL580, 8Gb RAM, 4xCPU) I have one in my lab.

If you have any ideas please inform me.

Thank you!

--
Alexander Bespalov