check_snmp

Mark Duffy mark.duffy at TEWV.NHS.UK
Tue Nov 6 13:19:36 CET 2007

Afternoon all,

I am currently trying to get my head round doing checks with SNMP.

I have so far managed to get Nagios to display the required data but it is showing the array as Critical or Warning unless I set the -w & -c levels to 2 (which is status OK), I somehow feel this is not right. How do I go about adding more than one variable to the critical level for example Critical levels would be 3 & 4 and a warning would be 1 ( normally set as -w 1)

Here is the check I am currently running and the workaround to get an OK status for a variable of 2:

define command{
	command_name	check_cpq_array
	command_line	$USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.3.2.2.1.1.6.4 -C public -w 2 -c 2
	}

I think I have confused myself and probably the rest of you in this e-mail, if so I apologize.

Regards,

Mark Duffy

Tees, Esk And Wear Valleys NHS Trust
Flatts Lane Centre
Flatts Lane
Normanby
Middlesbrough
TS6 0SZ
Tel: 01642 283548

This email may contain confidential information and may be read,
copied and used only by the intended recipient.

The information in this email transmission may not be legally revealed
and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email message or its
information is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply.
contents to any person.