How to Scan network

Nathan kemotaha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:56:14 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 23:41 -0800, gurdeep johal wrote:
> I Have configured serveral cgi file in /etc/nagios/
> hosts.cfg
> contactgroup.cfg
> timeperiod.cfg
> hostgroup.cfg
>
> now when I uncomment these files from nagios.cfg. nagios server
> service not starting. after comment these files its works fine. how
> many files I have to make and uncomment for just scanning network

Gurdeep,

Nagios by default doesn't do network scanning.  In order to do network
scanning you have to add an additional piece of software.  There are a
few add-ons that allow you to scan your network and sets up a basic
config for them.  You can find some of them on
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/ or you do a quick google search for
nagios frontends.

Nathan