Monitoring website contect and response times

Maxwell,Brady maxwellb at oclc.org
Thu Nov 1 21:20:02 CET 2007

Does anyone know of a plug in that will allow me to log onto a web site
and perform a search and return a status based on the results?

I have googled and experimented with testgen4web and so on and some
python converter attached to the zenoss project but am not getting the
results I want.  :(

What I would like to be able to do is use testgen4web (or something
simular) to build xmls for each test and then have a check_website that
uses that xml file to run a test and return a nagios result and some
performance metrics about response and load times.

The reason I want to use something automagically like testgen4web is I
do not want to manage it I want the devs to be able to recreate their
own "test script" as part of the qa process when they make changes to
the site.

I need to do this for 200+ pages.

Anyone know of something already created that does this sort of thing?

Thanks
Brady