My hosts are all down

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Nov 1 15:36:34 CET 2007

What exactly is the status information being reported? Please post an
example host, service and associated command{} and template definitions
for examination.

> Well, I downgraded from 3.0b1 to 2.10 stable to see if going that
route

> I'm just using the standard check-host-alive command to ping the
hosts.
> Only one has a service defined to it, check disk usage through snmp.

With nagios-2.x, every host must have at least one service defined for
it or it will never be checked. Define a simple ping service check if
that's all you care about. You should not be performing regularly
scheduled host checks with nagios-2.x as it wasn't designed for it and
performance will be miserable (host checks are sequential and stop all
other nagios processing). 2.x is very different than 3.x in this regard.

--
Marc