NRPE: Command 'check_disk' not defined

Sebastian Ganame sganame at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 31 19:45:39 CEST 2007

Hi John,
            I think your problem is that you're defining "check_disk_sda5" in your checkcommands.cfg file, while it should be only in your "nrpe.cfg" file in each monitored instance.
            The only checkcommand you should have for nrpe redirection is the following one:

  define command{
            command_name      check_nrpe
            command_line         $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
  }

            This tells the system that for each service defined with a check_command like “check_nrpe!...” it should be redirected using that line.

            After this server side configuration, you should only define the check_disk_sda5 in your target system (the one that would end up reporting the metric), and it should work.

            Hope you make it with these information.
            Regards,

  Sebastian Ganame