Nagios "from" address change

Janet Post Janet.Post at excapsa.ca
Tue May 29 22:38:34 CEST 2007

Hello,

I just saw your post on the nagios mailing list.  I have changed my
nagios to put the name of the server as the "from" server and put the
severity and problem in the subject of the email.  I have attached the
script that I use for this.  It uses sendmail specifically, so you may
have to edit the sendmail path to suit your environment.

You would add the following line to your misccommands.cfg:

define command{

        command_name    notify-by-email-spawner

        command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/bin/email-spawner --notif

icationtype "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$" --notificationnumber
"$NOTIFICATIONNUMBER$" --se

rvicedesc "$SERVICEDESC$" --serviceduration "$SERVICEDURATION$"
--hostalias "$HOS

TALIAS$" --hostname "$HOSTNAME$" --hostaddress "$HOSTADDRESS$"
--servicestate "$S

ERVICESTATE$" --datetime "$LONGDATETIME$" --output "$SERVICEOUTPUT$"
--contactema

il "$CONTACTEMAIL$" --serviceackauthor "$SERVICEACKAUTHOR$"
--serviceackcomment "

$SERVICEACKCOMMENT$"

        }

I have not done this for the host notifications, so you may want to play
with it for that.  And this is for nagios 2.x  You can play with it to
get it to work with nagios 1.x

Thanks,
Janet