One defined service for all hosts

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri May 25 17:23:24 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 11:09 -0400, Morris, Patrick wrote:
> > Is it possible to define a service check for a hostgroup?
>
> Yes. I define almost all of mine that way.
<snip>
It's a huge time and maintenance saver to do it that way. Here is a
quick example:

define service{
        hostgroup_name                  NiagaraVPNGW
        service_description             Niagara_SSH
        check_command                   check_ssh
        use                             NiagService
}

define service{
        hostgroup_name                  NiagaraInetRouters
        service_description             Niagara_Inet_Ping
        check_command                   check_ping!1000.0,60%!3000.0,100%
        use                             NiagService
}

Hope this helps - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net