Unusual request....

Richard Luys-Nagios User nagios at thebug.demon.nl
Fri May 25 16:02:43 CEST 2007

Hi Luis,

On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:41:40 +0200, Lacayo, Luis F
<lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us> wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I was asked by one of my users to see if there is a way that NAGIOS can
> check to see if a certain file was updated with in the last 10 minutes,
> and it is not updated then to issue an alert.
>
> Is there a plugging for NAGIOS to handle this? If not any ideas how I
> could get this done?

AFAIK there is no plugin yet. To write one is probably easy though. To
point you in the right direction:
Unix/Linux (and some other OSes too) keep a record of different time
settings regarding to files. You can for instance choose to display the
time a file is created, the time a file is last modified and the time a
file is last accessed.

In your case, I think the modification time should do the trick. You can
write a plugin that checks the difference between the modification_time
and the real time.

HPH,

Richard Luys