Adding the embedded perl intrepreter down the road

Patrick Proy nagios-user at proy.org
Thu May 24 19:46:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

As Ingo Lantschner said, you can upgrade without problems : I have done it
before with a 2.X compiled version - I forgot the configure option for it-
and just copied nagios and p1.pl as far as I remember.
I am also in the process of rewriting all my plugins in C but you will have
to wait a couple of weeks until they get in a stable release, and I'm not
sure they will be really faster than the perl version with embeded perl +
perl caching.

However, they will also include a snmp index caching method which will for
sure speed up the execution time (first tests divide by 2 or 3 the execution
time on big switches).

You can download the alpha release here : http://nagios.manubulon.com/
<http://nagios.manubulon.com/nagios-plugins-snmp-0.5.2.tgz>
nagios-plugins-snmp-0.5.2.tgz . Caching appears in 0.5.3 which will be
available tonight (CEST time).

Patrick
http://nagios.manubulon.com

  _____