(no subject)

glynn.seymour at bayerbbs.com glynn.seymour at bayerbbs.com
Wed May 23 10:18:43 CEST 2007

>Hi,
>I have enabled performance data in Nagios, and it is saved to
?host-perfdata.out? and ?service-perfdata.out?. I want to show this in
some nice graphs. After some research I found Nagiosgrapher could be the
>right tool, and another user told me I could use Nagiosgrapher without
SNMP. In order to install NagiosGrapher I need to install RRD tools, and
someone told me that RRD only uses SNMP.
>SNMP is not an option here. Please if someone could help me clarify this.

>Can I use NagiosGrapher even though we cannot use SNMP to monitor?

>Thanks,
>Palle

Yes you can - the performance data is gathered by the plugins, Nagiosgraph
translates this into RRD format, and allows you to draw graphs from the
RRDs - keeps lots of historical data in a small db.

Worth checking out Cacti too, I use this to draw prettier graphs from the
RRDs Nagiosgraph creates, that I can link out to separately - I think to
link to the Nagiosgraph 'standard' graphs you have to give some access to
the Nagios web interface, but this may very well just be down to how I set
it up.

Glynn Seymour
Network Consultant
BBS EMEA RSU
Bayer plc, UK

Bayer plc is registered in England under number 935048. Registered Office:
Bayer House, Strawberry Hill, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1JA.
The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or legally
privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not constitute a
waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in error, please do
not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward, or disclose any part
of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail and all copies and notify
the sender.Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com