Able to show perf.data in Nagiosgrapher withoutSNMP?

Palle Jensen palleje at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:54:57 CEST 2007

Thanks for the clarification.

- Palle

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Marc Powell
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:41 AM
To: Nagios Users
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Able to show perf.data in Nagiosgrapher
withoutSNMP?

RRDTool does not require SNMP or any other particular collection method;
it's just usually the most convenient way to retrieve data. The
collection of the data happens completely outside of RRDTool. All
RRDTool really cares about is that you feed it numbers. It doesn't care
where or how you retrieved those numbers.

> Can I use NagiosGrapher even though we cannot use SNMP to monitor?

I don't use NagiosGrapher but it sounds like you're able to retrieve the
numbers it would need to feed to RRDTool so it sounds like you're OK to
proceed.

--
Marc

any issue.