Multiple dependent services for one service

Jeff Orr jeff at attributor.com
Mon May 21 20:34:08 CEST 2007

Thanks for replying. It looks like I managed to get it working. Nagios was
complaining because I had spaces in between "define servicedependency" and
the first "{". So this works:

define servicedependency{
        host_name                       db
        name                            production-database-dependency
        service_description             MySQL Database
        dependent_host_name             www
        dependent_service_description   Ad-hoc Crawler
        execution_failure_criteria      u,c
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
        }

define servicedependency{
        use                             production-database-dependency
        name                            matcher-dependency
        dependent_host_name             ind
        dependent_service_description   Matcher
        execution_failure_criteria      u,c
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
        }

And this doesn't:
define servicedependency
{
        host_name                       db
        name                            production-database-dependency
        service_description             MySQL Database
        dependent_host_name             www
        dependent_service_description   Ad-hoc Crawler
        execution_failure_criteria      u,c
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
}

define servicedependency
{
        use                             production-database-dependency
        name                            matcher-dependency
        dependent_host_name             ind
        dependent_service_description   Matcher
        execution_failure_criteria      u,c
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c