Host commands failing

nagios nagios at dot.com
Sun May 20 01:49:45 CEST 2007

I have a Nagios installation that I am having an
intermittant
problem with.

On the host page, the "host commands", including such
commands
as "Disable checks of all services on this host" and
"Disable notifications for all services on this host"
are not working most of the time.

I see the commands appear in the
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd
file, but they do not take effect... most of the time.
I saw the commands fail at first, then they worked two times
back
to back, then they stopped working again.  As far as I know,
the
configuration changes were all made prior to me trying
commands.
I only configured the system once.

The commands are not piling up, I usually only see one or
two
comamnds in the file, just now there was one from an hour
ago,
and another I added just now (to see if they were being
erased),
but none of the commands from this morning.  So something is
waking up and removing the commands, and twice it execured
them.
When they were executed, it was quickly.

Can someone walk me through the steps taken to process this
file?
What runs the programs, what clears the file?

This is a vmware ubuntu host, and I have the time being
frequently
corrected because of excessive time drift, so could that be
screwing
something up?  I also run cacti, and I correct the time
every 5 minutes,
1 minute before cacti polls, and the time adjustments are on
the order
of 0 to 3 seconds typically.  Could that be contributing to
the problem?

I would have searched the forums first, but
nagios.meulie.net is
down at the moment...  And googling for half an hour didn't
help.

Thanks in advance for any help!

George