CGI user auth on Ubuntu 7.04

RR scubacuda at gmail.com
Sat May 19 23:07:17 CEST 2007

> The easiest way to do this (and the recommended way in most of the
> Nagios docs I've seen) is to set up authentication in Apache's config
> files, rather than with a .htaccess file.  You might look there.

This, I believe, is what you're talking about...

"Configure Alias For The HTML Files

In order to make the HTML files accessible via the web server, you'll have
to edit your Apache configuration file as follows...

Add the following to your web server configuration file (i.e. httpd.conf) as
follows:

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
Options None