Show disk usage in Trends/Graphs

Max Hetrick btmanmeh at verizon.net
Wed May 16 22:08:23 CEST 2007

Palle Jensen wrote:
> Hi Max
>
> Pardon a newbie, i installed Nagios 3 weeks ago and i am still learning :=)
>
> You say that you are reading from SNMP, are you still using check_nt plugin in Nagios, or are you using any different plugin?
>
> Thanks for you help!

No need to apologize.

Well, I use a lot of different plugins, especially for Linux. For my
Windows boxen, I just use the stock SNMP installed through the usual
Windows stuff along with some of these plugins on the Nagios side.

http://nagios.manubulon.com/index_snmp.html

I think you're confused about my approach. The way I do graphing,
doesn't involve Nagios at all. I just use SNMP and MRTG which does the
talking, then I link URLs into Nagios. Nagios doesn't actually process,
create, or have anything to do with the graphs. The reason I mentioned
my approach is being I think it's easy to setup and use. Everyone has a
different way, though.

I just happen to also do some checks across Nagios with the SNMP plugins
I just listed since SNMP is already running on my hosts.

If you're getting confused, you might also want to think about Cacti for
this purpose. I've heard good things, and from what I understand it's
easy to setup. Nagios for monitoring, and then cacti for reporting and
showing pretty graphs.

http://cacti.net/

A search on this list provided a thread about nagios2cacti.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagios2cacti/

Tools like NagiosGrapher might be able to assist you as well. There is
definitely more than one way to do what you want, so you first have to
determine which tool and method you like and want to use first.

Do a search on this list for graph/nagiosgraph/nagiosgrapher etc. and
many of your questions should already be answered. There's a ton of
information already posted. I didn't mean to confuse you before. :)

Regards,
Max