Newbie configuration questions

O'Brien, Kevin KOBrien at NSHS.edu
Wed May 16 18:58:48 CEST 2007

Hello,

I manage a CA Unicenter installation at my job and wanted to look at
Nagios as a possible replacement. I installed Ubuntu 6.10 workstation
and Nagios 3.0a4 yesterday using the quickstart guides.  That all went
well and I am now monitoring some services on the localhost.

Now I would like to start monitoring some Windows hosts for the basics -
cpu, memory, disk space.  According to the documentation I should create
a template file for Windows hosts and add the device names into it.
Then I should create another config file to tell it what to monitor.  I
am not sure what files to create or modify and where to save them too.

Can some one please point me to some decent documentation on how to set
this up or send me some simple steps.  I tried googling it but have not
found any decent examples.

Thank you!
Kevin