3d statusmap error

Lars Stavholm stava at telcotec.se
Wed May 16 16:11:12 CEST 2007

Palle Jensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the 3D status map in Nagios / Firefox
>
> Running on a Fedora Core 6 – Nagios 2.9 /plugin v1.4.7
>
> I've installed the FreeWRL 1.19.2 (rpm) package successfully and the 3D
> status map shows up, I see the green boxes but they don’t link anywhere
> (show details).
>
> Also i get an error messages in the Console windows:
>
> “ /usr/bin/FreeWRL_Message Could not locate URL for texture 0 (last
> choice was /nagios/images/logos/nagiosvrml.png “

I get the same problems on SuSE Linux 10.2 with one exception:
the diagram looks OK as far as I can see, boxes and connections
between them, but the screen becoms so dark that it's difficult
to see, and I cannot change background color. When I click on
one of the background colors in the Navigate menu, nothing happens.

I used wget to download the wrl file
(e.g. wget http://localhost/nagios/cgi-bin/statuswrl.cgi) and
saved the file as status.wrl and then opened it up in the freewrl
client. Again, all the boxes are there with links between them,
but error messages about url's not found. So I removed all the
url definitions from the status.wrl file and it seems to work OK.
Again, I couldn't change the background color using freewrl, so
I edited the status.wrl and changed the color definition in there.
I also picked a few of the URLs from the status.wrl file and
verified that they are correct.

Other than that, I have no idea as to how to solve this.

Any one else?

/Lars