Monitoring a remote host via nrpe

frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr
Tue May 15 15:15:28 CEST 2007

Hi all,

We have a filtered WAN network. There is a file transfert between a server
A on our LAN network and a server B on a remote network. I want to monitor
this transfert by Nagios. I've installed NSClient++ vers. 2.7 on my server
A. The "nagios" client is configured for NRPE. Some of existents command
work fine, another not. For testing communication, i've created a small
file that realize a ping between these 2 machines. It works well on hand
direct from the server. When I test it through my Nagios server via
check_nrpe, i have this message : NRPE_NT failed to create process,
exiting.... I've search on my windows server, but there is no other
message.

Questions :
        1/ have you got test this ?
        2/ How shall you do it with NRPE or not ?

Any suggest would be helpfull ! Thanks !

Frank

Nagios 2.9,
Nagios plugins : 1.4.8
Nagios OS : Linux Mandriva 2006