HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon May 14 22:03:41 CEST 2007

Required

> How can I avoid getting this message?
>
> HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
>
> The page i'm monitoring has a username and password but I have no need
> login while monitoring. How can I avoid this?

If this is something you're seeing when checking a site using the
check_http plugin, you need to configure the web server on that machine
not to require AUTH when the request comes from the nagios machine. How
this is done is different for each web server.

Alternately, you could pass the auth info as part of the request by
check_http. See 'check_http --help'.

--
Marc