configure notification

trevor obba trevor_obba at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 10 06:21:37 CEST 2007

I am running nagios version 2.5 and I have configured nagios
to only sent one notification when host is down or up however when host is in
single user mode or have an high cpu usage and still reachable via network, I
get alert about all services being monitored on the host.

Is they a way to configure nagios to send one alert
indicating that nagios can not communicate with plug-in? rather than sending several
alerts about services been monitor.

Basically, I would like to receive only one alert when
nagios server can not communicate with nagios plugin on client machine rather
than several alert of all service being monitor.

Bearing in mind that the host being monitor is up and still
reachable via network but nagios server can not communicate with nagios plug-in
on host due to high CPU or host being in single user mode.