docs for status.cgi

frank ratty at they.org
Wed May 9 20:08:03 CEST 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Jim Avery wrote:

> On 08/05/07, Greg Martin <gmartin at gmartin.org> wrote:
>>
>> I went looking and hand no luck trying to find the documentation for
>> status.cgi parameters.  Are they documented anywhere?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> \\Greg
>
> They're documented in Wolfgang Barth's book "Nagios" published by No
> Starch Press.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jim

http://web.they.org/software/picker.txt

Using the Nagios book as a guide I wrote a simple little "picker" that
lets you choose what to display based on the service properties such as
alerts active/silenced, active checks enabled/disabled... This is by no
means a complete description of all available args to status.cgi but
I think it's a good start.

Drop it into your cgi-bin and chmod 755 (probably rename to picker.cgi as
well). You may need to edit the redirect line to suit your Nagios
environment. It assumes you're installed at /nagios/cgi-bin/. I added a
link in my side.html to make accessing it easier.

Please don't contact me if you need more help deploying it. If that's the
case you probably shouldn't be the primary contact for your monitoring
systems.

I whipped this up pretty quick and it does what I need it to do, but
patches are welcome.

-f