Distributed Monitoring Web Interface Issue

Jeff Shumard - DefenseWeb Technologies jeff.shumard at defenseweb.com
Wed May 9 19:58:13 CEST 2007

Marco,

I have the same issue with all my services showing up as disabled
because I have active checks turned off on my Centralized Nagios
Interface.  I and running Nagios 2.9 and I configured what you said but
that didn't fix the problem it just caused a couple of others.  Here is
what I did bellow.

1)       I didn't configure the service to have active_checks on and had
no check_period configured.  This did resolve the issue of the service
saying disabled because the active check was turned on.  This caused
another problem.  The active checks were being done after 30 seconds way
before my freshness_threshold of 600 seconds and my
normal_check_interval of 3 minutes.  It shouldn't have checked it at
all.

2)       I tried it another way of creating a check_period called none
which had not times configured to check.  I made the service use this as
its check_period.  When I did this it then never ran an active check
even though I had a freshness_threshold configured.

Is there something I did wrong, or are you running an older version of
Nagios then 2.9?  If anyone else has found a resolution to this problem
I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

Jeff