insure check interval

Jeff Chapin jeff.chapin at t8design.com
Tue May 8 20:57:13 CEST 2007

Hi list

Hello, I have a fairly small nagios setup (107 hosts, 134 services). On one of my hosts, I have 12 services that need to be monitored as often as possible. Ideally, the services would each be checked once a minute. To do this, I have set the check_interval to 1 as well as the retry_check_interval to 1. Under normal circumstances this does a check approximatly once a minute, give or take. However, every 24 hours a slew of once every  24 hours checks start, and pushes the checks to more than 20-30 minute intervals. I would love to set the priority on the once-per-minute check, and let the once-per-day checks fill in as needed, rather than hammer out all at once.

Any advice as to how to achieve this?

- Jeff Chapin (chapinj)