Nagios 3.x + ePN = Garbage data in status ..[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

James Whittington James.Whittington at vc3.com
Mon May 7 17:29:11 CEST 2007

Mr. Hopcroft,

Thanks for your response on this issue.
I turned on logging in the p1.pl and here's what I got.
I have cut and pasted a couple of plugins as seen in the epn logfile and through the webui of nagios.
I think epn is getting the correct response from the plugin, and the performance information looks good in the user interface, but the status field in the user interface has garbage data mixed in with valid data.

This is nagios-3.0a2 by the way.

From epn_leave-msgs.log :
Mon May  7 10:49:08 2007 run_package: "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_rfinput -H10.0.5.26 -Cpublic -Onagios" returning (0, "-34 dBm|rf-input=34;58;60;22;80").

From Nagios Web UI:
Current Status:   OK
 (for 6d 4h 51m 46s)
Status Information: �FdBm
Performance Data: rf-input=34;58;60;22;80
Current Attempt: 1/1  (HARD state)
Last Check Time: 05-07-2007 10:49:08
Check Type: ACTIVE
Check Latency / Duration: 0.287 / 1.486 seconds

From epn_leave-msgs.log :
Mon May  7 10:58:03 2007 run_package: "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_radio_status -H10.0.7.46 -Cpublic" returning (0, "Status: No Alarms Uptime: 297 Days UAS: 0 SES: 0").

From Nagios Web UI:
Current Status:   OK
 (for 24d 8h 39m 16s)
Status Information: (No output returned from plugin)
Performance Data:
Current Attempt: 1/1  (HARD state)
Last Check Time: 05-07-2007 10:58:03
Check Type: ACTIVE
Check Latency / Duration: 156.153 / 3.484 seconds

Please let me know if I need to try anything else.

Thanks,

James Whittington
James.whittington at vc3.com