Config Issues

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu May 3 18:06:19 CEST 2007

Is this level of nesting really necessary? I'm sure it works but it does
make your config un-necessarily difficult to follow/troubleshoot.

> Hosts:
> define host{
> host_name 172.16.1.3
> address 172.16.1.3
> check_command check-host-alive
> max_check_attempts 5
> check_period 24x7
> process_perf_data 0
> retain_nonstatus_information 0
> contact_groups networking
> notification_interval 30
> notification_period 24x7
> notification_options d,u,r
> }

The ping-service is only applied to hosts in the Grossley
Hall hostgroup. Are these hosts in that hostgroup? Since you don't
specify it in the host definition you must have a hostgroup{} definition
for Grossley Hall that includes them. Alternately, these hosts could be
added to a new hostgroup that is included in the ping-service above.
Alternately, you could have a specific service{} definition for these
specific hosts that uses the ping-service.

--
Marc