Check_local_disk plugin

grace Ingabire ingabireg at terracom.rw
Thu May 3 17:50:54 CEST 2007

> I'm using Nagios 2.0 FreeBSD 6.0 plugin version 1.4

> I want to monitor some servers using the plugin check_local_disk. The

> configuration have been made properly as you can see it: check_command

> :check_local_disk!20%!10%!"/

> But when I go on my web interface I just see a critical status on all

> devices that I have added.

Status Info is...? Service configuration is...?

Current Status:CRITICAL

Status Information:     DISK CRITICAL - free space:

> My question do we use check_local_disk or check_disk plugin on other

> devices ,.....

Yes, but you'll need to run the plugin on the remote machine. Just

guessing, it sounds like you have nagios configured to run it on your

nagios machine only, multiple times. That can be accomplished by

installing the plugin on the machine you want to check and using NRPE or

check-by-ssh from your nagios machine to execute it.

An alternative is to use an SNMP check if you have an SNMP daemon

configured/running on the remote hosts.

As per other plugin like: check_ping, or check_dns

I did not configure the plugin on the remote machine to execute it.

Will have to check on the net how to use SNMP.

THANKS FOR THE HINT

--

Marc

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/