Log startup time for nagios 2.7

Marantz, Roy Roy.Marantz at deshaw.com
Wed May 2 22:48:48 CEST 2007

I'm using Nagios 2.7 and it seem like I just passed some threshold such
that the  startup time for nagios is
long (> 2 minutes) now.  Any ideas on how to improve this would be
appreciated.  I notice that nagios 3.x
has some nice sounding support for quicker startups, but I don't believe
I should be running version 3
in production yet.  I wasn't able to search the nagios-users archive
because all my queires on sourceforge
were timing out so I apologize is this has been answered before.

FYI: nagios -v reports
Checking services...
        Checked 9715 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 1816 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 63 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 461 service groups.
Checking contacts...
        Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 23 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 4 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

And nagios -s has no preformance suggestions.
Thanks in advanced.
Roy