ndoutils compile error

Sjaak Nabuurs sjaaknabuurs at citytower.com
Wed Mar 28 07:41:14 CEST 2007

Hello

I can't get ndoutils compiled.
After many weeks starting again and again I can't get ndoutils compiled
on 1 server.
I.ve run ndoutils on 2 more servers without any problems.
Can anybody point me to the problem.

System FC5
MySQL5 version 5.0.27 running as webserver updated from version 4.1.xx
Installed without problems
MySQL-client-5.0.27-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-5.0.27-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-server-5.0.27-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-5.0.27-0.i386.rpm

ldconfig
# ldconfig -v|grep mysql
/usr/lib/mysql:
        libmysqlclient_r.so.14 -> libmysqlclient_r.so.15
        libmysqlclient.so.10 -> libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0
        libmysqlclient_r.so.10 -> libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0
        libmysqlclient.so.14 -> libmysqlclient.so.15

phpinfo shows
Active Persistent Links     1
Active Links     1
Client API version     5.0.27
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE     external
MYSQL_SOCKET     /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE     -I/usr/include/mysql
MYSQL_LIBS     -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient

Mysql client and the server shows both version 5.0.27

compiled with
 ./configure --prefix /usr/local/nagios --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
--with-mysql-incl=/usr/include/mysql --enable-pgsql=no

Compile error

checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for initgroups... yes
checking for type of socket size... size_t
checking for linker flags for loadable modules... -shared
checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no
<<------------------------<<

*** MySQL library could not be located... **************************

You chose to compile NDBXT with MySQL support, but I was unable to
locate the MySQL library on your system.  If the library is
installed,  use the --with-mysql-lib argument to specify the
location of the MySQL library.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
      1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
         which the MySQL libraries are installed.
      2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
      3. Run 'make devclean' in the NDBXT distribution to clean out
         any old references to your previous compile.
      4. Rerun the configure script.

TIP: Try the following....

         ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

checking mysql/mysql.h usability... yes
checking mysql/mysql.h presence... yes
checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no

Thanks for the time
If you can help me I send you a nice cold beer :-)

Sjaak