Restart service problem with sudo

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 21:00:18 CEST 2007

Hi Sil

I had a similar problem with NRPE - an NRPE check worked fine when doing
it from the command-line, but it refused to work from the NRPE itself.

I eventually found out that my /etc/sudoers was denying anything without
a terminal from using sudo.
It might be the same problem, might not, but check your /etc/sudoers
file does not have a "defaults requiretty" option set - if it does,
comment it out and try your event handler again.

Andy.