Check cluster

Peter van den Berg pvandenberg at mirabeau.nl
Tue Mar 27 17:43:13 CEST 2007

Hi

After some time with Google, I've found several posts with sort of the
same question, but no useable answers :-(

I've got problems getting the check_cluster2 plugin to work.
I've got nagios v2.6 with plugins v1.4.6

The check definition is:
 define command{
        command_name    check_service_cluster
        command_line    $USER1$/check_cluster2 -s -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c
$ARG3$ -d $arg4$
}

The service definition is:
define service{
	check_command	check_service_cluster!"DNS
Cluster"!1!2!$SERVICESTATEID:host1:Service$,$SERVICESTATEID:host2:Servic
e$,etc
	}

The problem is as follows, no matter how many of the services are
critical, the check keeps reporting everything ok.

When I run it from the commandline, I also get everything ok. When I
replace the $SERVICESTATEID:host1:service$ with eg. 1,0,0,2  It reports
correctly 1 warning, 1 critical, 2 ok. So the error lies in the
definition of the host/service state.

According to the documentation this should be:
$SERVICESTATEID:<host>:<service>$

Any suggestions what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Peter van den Berg