NRPE 2.7.1 command_prefix problem

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 12:30:16 CEST 2007

I've been looking at this some more today, and finally found the problem
and solution!

I added "> /dev/stdout 2>&1" to the end of a command in my nrpe.cfg, and
got the following result when running check_nrpe off my Nagios server:

"sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo."

Looking at the /etc/sudoers file on the machine reveals a line "Defaults
requiretty".  Commenting this out sorted the problem.
For some reason, on a stock FC4 install, the sudoers file was virtually
empty, yet in FC6 it was full of various settings!

Andy.