Checking host up without ping

Taieb taieb.riahi at topnet.tn
Fri Mar 23 22:31:53 CET 2007

Hi,

Yes you can. If you have an other server running on it, example of http
server you can use the check_http command, and I think you should remove
the check_host_alive from the host config.
If your switch does not host any other services, take a look on the
check_fping command it may work :)

Riahi Taieb