check_perc.pl

Josh Yost Josh.Yost at epsiia.com
Fri Mar 23 16:14:05 CET 2007

Hi all,
	If anyone uses my check_perc.pl, I've posted a new version on
nagiosexchange.org.  The core functionality hasn't changed much,
except for (hopefully) better error handling, expanded options, & more
debugging output.

changes:
 - switched to Getopt::Long
 - more nagios plugin-compliant (I actually read the guidelines)
    - bad usage & all non-zero snmpwalk exits now return UNKNOWN
    - CRITICAL is reserved for disk & controller failures
    - using an absolute path for the system call
 - better error handling (& better handling of unexpected snmp output)
 - improved debugging output
 - added SNMPv3 snmpwalk options
 - added an internal alarm
 - cleaned up & expanded help output a bit

I wrote a version that used Net::SNMP, but it was noticeably slower due
to the module loading - so I've just continued using a system call to
net-snmp's snmpwalk.

Thanks,
 - Josh