Nagios 2.8-Problem with Large Number of Hosts

Jay Radcliffe jay.radcliffe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:43:43 CET 2007

Hello,

I am running an instance of nagios (2.8 with ndo 1.41b2) with roughly
700 host/9000 Services. Something odd occurred today. Nagios won't
start all the way. I compiled a DEBUGALL version of the binary to see
where it was hanging up. The last line of debug I get is:
"find_hostextinfo() start
find_contactgroup() start"

I am not quite sure where to go looking for problems from here, as I
do not know what step comes after this. It hangs right at this point,
and it has sat there for over 30 minutes, before I kill -9 the nagios
process.

Any ideas of where to look for problems?

TIA,
Jay Radcliffe