Nagios Looking Glass problem

joe.stringfellow at liverpool.com joe.stringfellow at liverpool.com
Thu Mar 22 11:27:46 CET 2007

Thanks for the speedy input Andy.

If I get chance today i will double check everything and try version 1.03.

Andy Shellam <andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk>
21/03/2007 19:46
Please respond to
andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk

joe.stringfellow at liverpool.com
cc
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios Looking Glass problem

Hi Joe,

Have you tried NLG 1.0.3?  That is the latest version and includes,
amongst others, the fix in the config file as you mentioned.

These errors appear at first glance to be typically permissions,
particularly with the client accessing s3_download.php.
A typical test would be to enable debugging in server/s3_config.inc.php,
then try and access:

http://yourserver/nagios/share/server/s3_download.php?filename=s3_config.inc.php&action=check

If you get an MD5 hash back, then the server side is working OK, and
it's a problem with the client script connecting to s3_download.php
(perhaps invalid username/password for HTTP authentication, no
username/password supplied when required, invalid URL etc.)
If not, it's a web server configuration error (or invalid/denied URL.)

One thing I have just noticed while writing this, your client script is
at http://myservername/nagios/client, yet your server is trying to
connect to http://myservername/nagios/share/server (should the "share"
directory really be there?)  If your "server" directory is at the same
level as "client" in the file-system, then it looks like your server
feed URL should be http://myservername/nagios/server.

HTH

Andy.