Question on "Redundant and Failover Network Monitoring"

Mahesh Kunjal mkunjal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:55:44 CET 2007

Hi,

I am looking at implementing redundant nagios server.

The documentations found at:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/redundancy.html

has a very good explanation on to set it up and how it works.

However, it is not clear for the scenario of:

Assume master nagios server goes down and remains down for 12 hours.
Now the slave will take over.
If after 12 hours, master comes back online. Master takes control.
Does master now have historical data when it was down for 12 hours?
If not, how do we get it to master?
We have a requirement of master needing to have all data.

Thanks for the time.

regards,

Mahesh