installing Nagios on shared Debian box (Dreamhost)?

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Mar 20 21:36:33 CET 2007

There are no major differences between running it on Dreamhost vs.
running it anywhere else you don't have root access, though Dreamhost
will kill processes that try to use too many system resources (CPU,
etc.), and you may find your Nagios instance dying from time to time,
possibly very often, if their systems perceive it as a resource hog.