SMS notification with gammu

Simon Welch simon.welch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 17:46:54 CET 2007

Please can someone help or point me in the direction of a log I can
interrogate, I am using gammu to attempt to send sms notifications (command
definition below, as detailed on gammu web site).  The nagios.log reports
that the notification has been sent sucessfully but the message is never
received, if I run the command manually the sms is received.  Any ideas?

Details FC6 PPC, Gammu version 1.10.1 (compliled from source), Nagios
2.7yum repository install.

define command{
       command_name    notify-by-sms-direct
       command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "Svc:$SERVICEDESC$
++Host:$HOSTALIAS$ ++ Addr:$HOSTADDRESS$ ++ State:$SERVICESTATE$
++Date:$SHORTDATETIME$" | /usr/local/bin/gammu --sendsms TEXT $CONTACTPAGER$
}

Thanks in advance

Simon